At Scrabble Checker we understand that privacy is important to you and that you care about how we use your personal data. This policy sets out what we do with your personal information, where and how we collect it, and your rights in relation to the personal information we hold about you.
What personal data do we collect
Depending on how you use our site and services, we collect the following personal data about you:
- Data entered on our site forms, including player names, words, and the date & times these interactions take place.
- Contact details including name, email address, message content and any other personal information disclosed via communication should you contact us.
- Log files of Internet Protocol (IP) address, geographical location, web browser type, web browser version, referral data, unique device identifiers, and the date & time of your visit.
- Usage, analytical, and diagnostic data of your interactions with our site.
How do we use your data
We use personal data collected throughout our site only when we have a valid reason and legal ground to do so, this includes:
- To provide our site services: to ensure the basic functionality of our site, we must collect and store both personal and non-personal data to make our site available to use.
- To improve our services and product: we use usage, analytical, and diagnostic data to enable us to provide a better service and product to our users.
- To contact you: we may use your personal information to contact you via email to respond to queries sent to [email protected]
Where your personal data is processed and stored
Data collected through our site and shared with third-party service providers is processed and stored both within the European Economic Area (the “EEA”) and transferred internationally outside the EEA.
The data we collect is securely stored and processed in line with industry standards. We will only keep a record of your personal data for as long as we have a genuine need to.
Cookies and similar technologies
We use the term cookie to describe cookies and similar technologies such as tags, beacons, pixels, and local storage. Cookies are small data files placed on your device when you visit a website. They are widely used to improve user experience on a website, gather reporting information and show relevant advertising.
- To provide essential site functionality.
- To provide vital security enhancements to our site.
- To understand who uses and how users use our site through analytical technologies.
- To serve adverts through our third-party ad vendors.
When you visit our site, we may collect personal data from you automatically using cookies and other similar technologies. This includes:
- Strictly necessary cookies: these cookies are essential to provide you with the services you have requested. For example, cookies that secure requests to our servers. If these are disabled, certain functions and operations of our website will not work for you.
- Performance and analytical cookies: allow us to measure the number of visitors and monitor how users interact with our site. This data is aggregated and anonymized meaning we cannot identify you as an individual from it.
- Advertising cookies: are used to collect information about your visit to our site and the content your interact with, as well as serve ads to users of this website.
Cookies for advertising and analytics
Our website integrates third-party software that provides us with information about how the site is used and what content you have viewed for the purpose of analytics and advertising. This includes:
- Our site uses Google Analytics to collect usage and analytic data. This tells us how you arrived at our site, which pages you visit, how long you spend on pages, and what links you click.
- We collect this data to better understand our user's behaviour at an aggregate level to improve our product offering.
How to control cookies
When you visit our website, we display an option that lets you control the storage of cookies on your device by either accepting or rejecting there use.
This can be changed at any time by clicking the link at the bottom of any page labelled "Reset Cookies".
Children's personal data
Protecting the safety of children when they use the internet is important to us.
We do not aim any of our products or services at children under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect personal data about children under 13 in providing our services. If you are a parent or guardian who becomes aware you child has provided us with personal information without consent, please contact us, so we can attempt to remove any data from our records.
Your data protection rights
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) you have the following rights in relation to your personal data:
- The right to be informed about our collection and use of your personal data.
- The right to access and request a copy of personal data we hold about you.
- The right to rectification if any personal data we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to ask us to erase any personal data we hold about you.
- The right to ask that the processing of your personal data be restricted in certain circumstances.
- The right to portability of your personal data.
- Where you have provided us with consent to use your personal data, you can withdraw this at any time.
If you have any cause for complaint about our use of your personal data, please email us [email protected] where we will do our best to resolve any problems for you.
If we are unable to help, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK's supervisory authority - the Information Commissioner's Office.
How to contact us
Should you wish to contact us regarding this policy, or any other queries, please email: [email protected]
This policy was last updated on 10 July 2023.