Is “An” a Scrabble Word?
Yes An is valid in Scrabble for 2 points
“An” is an acceptable word within the Scrabble dictionary that is legal to play in games. An is worth a total of 2 points when played in Scrabble.
Definition of An
- So long as.
- As if; as though.
- The first letter of the Georgian alphabet, ა (Mkhedruli), Ⴀ (Asomtavruli) or ⴀ (Nuskhuri).
- In each; to or for each; per.
How Many Points is An Worth?
An is a 2-letter word made up of the letter tiles A: 1, N: 1. Its points breakdown is as follows:
- With no multipliers, An is worth 2 points.
- On a double-word square, An is worth 4 points.
- On a triple-word square, An is worth 6 points.
Single Letter Extensions of “An”
Potential ways to expand “An” using a single letter include:
Words With “AN”
Words containing “AN” at the start, middle, or end include:
See our full list of words with “AN” for more suggestions.