Is “Ba” a Scrabble Word?
Yes Ba is valid in Scrabble for 4 points
Ba is a valid Scrabble word that’s worth 4 points (B: 3, A: 1) when successfully played in a Scrabble game. Ba has multiple meanings and definitions from the dictionary. Firstly, “BA” can be used to describe a soft silvery metallic element called “Barium” whereby BA is its chemical symbol. Secondly, “BA” is used as a common abbreviation for the term Batchelor of Art – a classification of degree achieved from attending a college or university. It is commonly awarded to students who study art-based subjects but is not solely limited to this discipline. For example, “I graduate with a BA degree in Drama from Oxford University”.
Definition of Ba
- (Egyptian mythology) A being's soul or personality, represented as a bird-headed figure, which survives after death but must be sustained with offerings of food.
- Father, baba.
- A medieval football game played in parts of Scotland around Christmas and New Year.
How Many Points is Ba Worth?
Ba is a 2-letter word made up of the letter tiles B: 3, A: 1. Its points breakdown is as follows:
- With no multipliers, Ba is worth 4 points.
- On a double-word square, Ba is worth 8 points.
- On a triple-word square, Ba is worth 12 points.
Single Letter Extensions of “Ba”
Potential ways to expand “Ba” using a single letter include:
Words With “BA”
Words containing “BA” at the start, middle, or end include:
See our full list of words with “BA” for more suggestions.