Is “By” a Scrabble Word?
Yes By is valid in Scrabble for 7 points
“By” is an acceptable word within the Scrabble dictionary that is legal to play in games. By is worth a total of 7 points when played in Scrabble.
Definition of By
- A flying insect, of the clade Anthophila within the hymenopteran superfamily Apoidea, known for its organised societies (though only a minority have them), for collecting pollen and (in some species) producing wax and honey.
- A contest, especially for spelling; see spelling bee.
- A community gathering to share labour, e.g. a sewing bee or a quilting bee.
- A ring or torque; a bracelet.
- The name of the Latin-script letter B.
- (usually in the plural) Any of the pieces of hard wood bolted to the sides of the bowsprit, to reeve the fore-topmast stays through.
- Out of the way, subsidiary.
- Along a path which runs past the speaker.
- In the vicinity, near.
- To or at a place, as a residence or place of business.
- Near or next to.
- From one side of something to the other, passing close by; past.
- Not later than (the given time); not later than the end of (the given time interval).
- The position of a person or team in a tournament or competition who draws no opponent in a particular round so advances to the next round unopposed, or is awarded points for a win in a league table; also the phantom opponent of such a person or team.
- An extra scored when the batsmen take runs after the ball has passed the striker without hitting either the bat or the batsman.
- A dwelling.
How Many Points is By Worth?
By is a 2-letter word made up of the letter tiles B: 3, Y: 4. Its points breakdown is as follows:
- With no multipliers, By is worth 7 points.
- On a double-word square, By is worth 14 points.
- On a triple-word square, By is worth 21 points.
Single Letter Extensions of “By”
Potential ways to expand “By” using a single letter include:
Words With “BY”
Words containing “BY” at the start, middle, or end include:
See our full list of words with “BY” for more suggestions.