Is “Hi” a Scrabble Word?
Yes Hi is valid in Scrabble for 5 points
Hi is an acceptable Scrabble two-letter word that is worth 5 points when played in a game. It's valid in all regions where the game is played (including the US, UK, and Canada).
The word "Hi" is an informal greeting used to say hello or attract attention. It's a versatile word that can be used in many different contexts, from casual conversations to professional settings. Some synonyms for Hi include “hello”, “hey”, “greetings”, and “hiya”.
Definition of Hi
- The word "hi" used as a greeting.
- A friendly, informal, casual greeting said when meeting someone.
- An exclamation to call attention.
- Expressing wonder or derision.
- Very elevated; extending or being far above a base; tall; lofty.
- Relatively elevated; rising or raised above the average or normal level from which elevation is measured.
- Having a specified elevation or height; tall.
How Many Points is Hi Worth?
Hi is a 2-letter word made up of the letter tiles H: 4, I: 1. Its points breakdown is as follows:
- With no multipliers, Hi is worth 5 points.
- On a double-word square, Hi is worth 10 points.
- On a triple-word square, Hi is worth 15 points.
Single Letter Extensions of “Hi”
Potential ways to expand “Hi” using a single letter include:
Words With “HI”
Words containing “HI” at the start, middle, or end include:
See our full list of words with “HI” for more suggestions.