Is “If” a Scrabble Word?
Yes If is valid in Scrabble for 5 points
“If” is an acceptable word within the Scrabble dictionary that is legal to play in games. If is worth a total of 5 points when played in Scrabble.
Definition of If
- An uncertainty, possibility, condition, doubt etc.
- Supposing that, assuming that, in the circumstances that; used to introduce a condition or choice.
- In the event that a statement is true (a programming statement that acts in a similar manner).
- Supposing that; used with past or past perfect subjunctive indicating that the condition is closed.
How Many Points is If Worth?
If is a 2-letter word made up of the letter tiles I: 1, F: 4. Its points breakdown is as follows:
- With no multipliers, If is worth 5 points.
- On a double-word square, If is worth 10 points.
- On a triple-word square, If is worth 15 points.
Single Letter Extensions of “If”
Potential ways to expand “If” using a single letter include:
Words With “IF”
Words containing “IF” at the start, middle, or end include:
See our full list of words with “IF” for more suggestions.