Is “In” a Scrabble Word?
Yes In is valid in Scrabble for 2 points
“In” is an acceptable word within the Scrabble dictionary that is legal to play in games. In is worth a total of 2 points when played in Scrabble.
Definition of In
- A position of power or influence, or a way to get it.
- (chiefly in the plural) One who, or that which, is in; especially, one who is in office.
- The state of a batter/batsman who is currently batting; see innings.
- To enclose.
- To take in; to harvest.
- Located indoors, especially at home or at one's office or place of work.
- Located inside something.
- (of the ball or other playing implement) Falling or remaining within the bounds of the playing area.
- At or towards the interior of a defined space, such as a building or room.
- Towards the speaker or other reference point.
- So as to be enclosed or surrounded by something.
- Used to indicate location, inclusion, or position within spatial, temporal or other limits.
- Used to indicate limit, qualification, condition, or circumstance.
- Abbreviation of inch; inches.
How Many Points is In Worth?
In is a 2-letter word made up of the letter tiles I: 1, N: 1. Its points breakdown is as follows:
- With no multipliers, In is worth 2 points.
- On a double-word square, In is worth 4 points.
- On a triple-word square, In is worth 6 points.
Single Letter Extensions of “In”
Potential ways to expand “In” using a single letter include:
Words With “IN”
Words containing “IN” at the start, middle, or end include:
See our full list of words with “IN” for more suggestions.