Is “Ki” a Scrabble Word?
Yes Ki is valid in Scrabble for 6 points
Ki is valid within the Scrabble word dictionary and worth a total of 6 points (K: 5, I: 1). Its definition traces to Chinese origins, meaning the circulating life energy that is inherited and flows through all living things. Alternative words with the same meaning are the popular Scrabble word "Qi" and "Chi".
Players looking to extend "Ki" to make longer and better words are in for a treat as this excellent K word can be extended with ease. Three-letter extensions include "Kin", "Kip", and "Kif". Some possible four-letter variants include "Kick", "King", and "Kind".
Definition of Ki
- Ti, a plant native to the Pacific islands and China, Cordyline fruticosa.
- (naval slang) Cocoa (the drink).
- The twenty-second letter of the Classical and Modern Greek alphabets.
- A life force in traditional Chinese philosophy, culture, medicine, etc, related (but not limited) to breath and circulation.
- The Chinese foot, a traditional Chinese unit of length based on the human forearm.
- (Mainland China) The Chinese unit of length standardized in 1984 as 1/3 of a meter.
- (Taiwan) The Taiwanese unit of length standardized as 10/33 of a meter, identical to the Japanese shaku.
How Many Points is Ki Worth?
Ki is a 2-letter word made up of the letter tiles K: 5, I: 1. Its points breakdown is as follows:
- With no multipliers, Ki is worth 6 points.
- On a double-word square, Ki is worth 12 points.
- On a triple-word square, Ki is worth 18 points.
Single Letter Extensions of “Ki”
Potential ways to expand “Ki” using a single letter include:
Words With “KI”
Words containing “KI” at the start, middle, or end include:
See our full list of words with “KI” for more suggestions.