Is “La” a Scrabble Word?
Yes La is valid in Scrabble for 2 points
“La” is an acceptable word within the Scrabble dictionary that is legal to play in games. La is worth a total of 2 points when played in Scrabble.
Definition of La
- A syllable used in solfège to represent the sixth note of a major scale.
- Represents the sound of music or singing.
- Used to introduce a statement with emphatic or intensive effect.
- Expressing surprise, anger. etc.
- Prefixed to the name of a woman, with ironic effect (as though an opera prima donna).
- Lad, lid
How Many Points is La Worth?
La is a 2-letter word made up of the letter tiles L: 1, A: 1. Its points breakdown is as follows:
- With no multipliers, La is worth 2 points.
- On a double-word square, La is worth 4 points.
- On a triple-word square, La is worth 6 points.
Single Letter Extensions of “La”
Potential ways to expand “La” using a single letter include:
Words With “LA”
Words containing “LA” at the start, middle, or end include:
See our full list of words with “LA” for more suggestions.