Is “On” a Scrabble Word?
Yes On is valid in Scrabble for 2 points
“On” is an acceptable word within the Scrabble dictionary that is legal to play in games. On is worth a total of 2 points when played in Scrabble.
Definition of On
- To switch on
- In the state of being active, functioning or operating.
- Performing according to schedule; taking place.
- Fitted; covering; being worn.
- To an operating state.
- So as to cover or be fitted.
- Along, forwards (continuing an action).
- Positioned at the upper surface of, touching from above.
- Positioned at or resting against the outer surface of; attached to.
- Expressing figurative placement or attachment.
- In the Japanese language, a pronunciation, or reading, of a kanji character that was originally based on the character's pronunciation in Chinese, contrasted with kun.
How Many Points is On Worth?
On is a 2-letter word made up of the letter tiles O: 1, N: 1. Its points breakdown is as follows:
- With no multipliers, On is worth 2 points.
- On a double-word square, On is worth 4 points.
- On a triple-word square, On is worth 6 points.
Single Letter Extensions of “On”
Potential ways to expand “On” using a single letter include:
Words With “ON”
Words containing “ON” at the start, middle, or end include:
See our full list of words with “ON” for more suggestions.