Is “Ow” a Scrabble Word?
Yes Ow is valid in Scrabble for 5 points
Ow is an allowed word in the game Scrabble. It’s only two-letter long but worth a total of 5 points made up of 1 point for the letter “O” and 4 points for the “W” letter tile. The word ow’s meaning is an expression of pain, such as “Ow, I hit my knee”. Alternatively, ow could be used as an expression of realisation or surprise, for example “Ow, so you can play that word in Scrabble. I thought it was a no go”. Some great three-letter words can be made by placing a letter in front of “ow”, our favourites are “how”, “jow”, “vow”, and “wow”.
Definition of Ow
- An expression of one's own physical pain.
- An expression in sympathy at another's pain.
- A reply to an insult seen as savage (frequently one that is tongue-in-cheek or joking).
- Used for emotional emphasis.
How Many Points is Ow Worth?
Ow is a 2-letter word made up of the letter tiles O: 1, W: 4. Its points breakdown is as follows:
- With no multipliers, Ow is worth 5 points.
- On a double-word square, Ow is worth 10 points.
- On a triple-word square, Ow is worth 15 points.
Single Letter Extensions of “Ow”
Potential ways to expand “Ow” using a single letter include:
Words With “OW”
Words containing “OW” at the start, middle, or end include:
See our full list of words with “OW” for more suggestions.