Is The Mathematical Constant Pi Valid In Scrabble?
Is “Pi” a Scrabble Word?
Yes Pi is valid in Scrabble for 4 points
“Pi” is an acceptable Scrabble word, worth 4 points in total. It is an excellent word to play that we love due to its interconnection with the mathematical and scientific communities.
Pi (often represented by the Greek letter π) is a mathematical constant that represents the ratio of a circle’s circumference to its diameter. This highly useful constant can therefore be used to find the circumference and area of a circle. It is possible to read more about pi here.
Definition of Pi
- The 16th letter of the Classical and Modern Greek alphabets and the seventeenth in Old Greek.
- An irrational and transcendental constant representing the ratio of the circumference of a Euclidean circle to its diameter; approximately 3.14159265358979323846264338327950; usually written π.
- Metal type that has been spilled, mixed together, or disordered.
- To spill or mix printing type.
- Not part of the usual font character set; especially, non-Roman type or symbols as opposed to standard alphanumeric Roman type.
- Pica (conventionally, 12 points = 1 pica, 6 picas ≈ 1 inch)
How Many Points is Pi Worth?
Pi is a 2-letter word made up of the letter tiles P: 3, I: 1. Its points breakdown is as follows:
- With no multipliers, Pi is worth 4 points.
- On a double-word square, Pi is worth 8 points.
- On a triple-word square, Pi is worth 12 points.
Single Letter Extensions of “Pi”
Potential ways to expand “Pi” using a single letter include:
Words With “PI”
Words containing “PI” at the start, middle, or end include:
See our full list of words with “PI” for more suggestions.