Is “Re” a Scrabble Word?
Yes Re is valid in Scrabble for 2 points
Re is an acceptable Scrabble word in the dictionary, however, the bad news for players is it'll only score 2 points in total.
The term "re" can be used as a preposition meaning regarding/in reference to something. Alternatively, "re" can also be used as a noun meaning a syllable used in solfège to represent the second note of a major scale.
In Scrabble playing the word "re" alone is not very rewarding due to its low point value. Yet, the letters "R" and "E" are a great combination to have on your letter rack as they create the prefix "re-" and suffix "-er". This makes the "RE" letter combination powerful for extending existing words and going after those 7-letter bingos in your game.
Definition of Re
- About, regarding, with reference to; especially in letters, documents and emails.
- A syllable used in solfège to represent the second note of a major scale.
How Many Points is Re Worth?
Re is a 2-letter word made up of the letter tiles R: 1, E: 1. Its points breakdown is as follows:
- With no multipliers, Re is worth 2 points.
- On a double-word square, Re is worth 4 points.
- On a triple-word square, Re is worth 6 points.
Single Letter Extensions of “Re”
Potential ways to expand “Re” using a single letter include: