Is “So” a Scrabble Word?
Yes So is valid in Scrabble for 2 points
“So” is an acceptable word within the Scrabble dictionary that is legal to play in games. So is worth a total of 2 points when played in Scrabble.
Definition of So
- True, accurate.
- In that state or manner; with that attribute. A proadjective that replaces the aforementioned adjective phrase.
- To the (explicitly stated) extent that.
- To the (implied) extent.
- In a particular manner.
- In order that.
- With the result that; for that reason; therefore.
- Provided that; on condition that, as long as.
- Used after a pause for thought to introduce a new topic, question or story.
- Short for so what.
- Used to connect previous conversation or events to the following question.
- Some person.
- A syllable used in solfège to represent the fifth note of a major scale.
- (foods) A type of dairy product, made especially in Japan between the seventh and 10th centuries, by reducing milk by boiling it.
How Many Points is So Worth?
So is a 2-letter word made up of the letter tiles S: 1, O: 1. Its points breakdown is as follows:
- With no multipliers, So is worth 2 points.
- On a double-word square, So is worth 4 points.
- On a triple-word square, So is worth 6 points.
Single Letter Extensions of “So”
Potential ways to expand “So” using a single letter include:
Words With “SO”
Words containing “SO” at the start, middle, or end include:
See our full list of words with “SO” for more suggestions.