Is “Ya” a Scrabble Word?
Yes Ya is valid in Scrabble for 5 points
Ya is a short two-letter Y word that is valid in the Scrabble dictionary. It is worth 5 points according to Scrabble scoring rules.
The word is an informal abbreviation for “you” and is often used in casual conversation or online messaging. Ya can also be used as a slang term for “yes”. The definitions and meanings of ya do tend to vary throughout the world and in different contexts. Therefore, we’d recommend checking a local dictionary in a relevant language for more definitions of this versatile 2-letter word.
"Yak" is the best 3-letter extension of "ya" for 10 points and "Yay", "Yaw", and "Yah" are the second best coming in at 9 points.
Definition of Ya
- (object pronoun) The people spoken, or written to, as an object.
- (reflexive pronoun) (To) yourselves, (to) yourself.
- (object pronoun) The person spoken to or written to, as an object. (Replacing thee; originally as a mark of respect.)
- Yeah; yes.
- Yea; yes
- Go. (Spoken to horses and cattle.)
- A letter of the Cyrillic alphabet: Я, я.
How Many Points is Ya Worth?
Ya is a 2-letter word made up of the letter tiles Y: 4, A: 1. Its points breakdown is as follows:
- With no multipliers, Ya is worth 5 points.
- On a double-word square, Ya is worth 10 points.
- On a triple-word square, Ya is worth 15 points.
Single Letter Extensions of “Ya”
Potential ways to expand “Ya” using a single letter include:
Words With “YA”
Words containing “YA” at the start, middle, or end include:
See our full list of words with “YA” for more suggestions.