Is “Ye” a Scrabble Word?
Yes Ye is valid in Scrabble for 5 points
The word Ye is an archaic or poetic form of the second-person pronoun "you." It is often used in old literature or in formal contexts to address a group of people. Furthermore, an alternative meaning of ye is the shorthand for the word "yes."
In Scrabble, ye is valid to be played. Despite being only two letters long, it fetches 5 points made up of Y: 4 and E: 1 following Scrabble scoring conventions. For players looking to pick up some extra points, "Yez" and "Yex" are great extensions of "ye" bringing in 15 and 13 points respectively.
Definition of Ye
- Address a single person by the use of the pronoun ye instead of thou.
- (obsolete outside Northern England) You (the people being addressed).
- You, refers to one person addressed.
How Many Points is Ye Worth?
Ye is a 2-letter word made up of the letter tiles Y: 4, E: 1. Its points breakdown is as follows:
- With no multipliers, Ye is worth 5 points.
- On a double-word square, Ye is worth 10 points.
- On a triple-word square, Ye is worth 15 points.
Single Letter Extensions of “Ye”
Potential ways to expand “Ye” using a single letter include:
Words With “YE”
Words containing “YE” at the start, middle, or end include:
See our full list of words with “YE” for more suggestions.