Is “Yo” a Scrabble Word?
Yes Yo is valid in Scrabble for 5 points
The word Yo is playable in Scrabble according to the game dictionary. It's a short word only two-letter in length and is worth 5 points overall mainly thanks to the use of the "Y" letter tile for 4 out of 5 points.
Yo is an informal expression used as a greeting or to get someone's attention. It is often used as a shortened form of “hey, you” or “hello”. Yo is also sometimes used as an interjection to express excitement or enthusiasm. For example, in a sentence, "Yo Harry, would you like to play a game of Scrabble tonight?"
Definition of Yo
- A greeting similar to hi.
- An interjection similar to hey.
- Present! Here!
- (Baltimore) third-person singular, familiar
- Abbreviation of year/years old.
- The letter Ё, ё.
- Short for yoleven.
How Many Points is Yo Worth?
Yo is a 2-letter word made up of the letter tiles Y: 4, O: 1. Its points breakdown is as follows:
- With no multipliers, Yo is worth 5 points.
- On a double-word square, Yo is worth 10 points.
- On a triple-word square, Yo is worth 15 points.
Single Letter Extensions of “Yo”
Potential ways to expand “Yo” using a single letter include:
Words With “YO”
Words containing “YO” at the start, middle, or end include:
See our full list of words with “YO” for more suggestions.